Friday, January 15, 2016

A project for your garden

I know most of you probably arent thinking of spring yet but I am very much looking forward to gardening this year. No I dont have space for a garden but I hope to find a space somewhere nearby. Today I finished over 60 plant tags and a small stepping stone out of leftover and reclaymed clay and have spent time researching how to grow potatoes in a pot which is where this post came to me.

Heres a project for that acrylic someone gave you that you have no clue what you can do with. Yes I know I havent gone nuts but I am recomending acrylic for this project  but its a way to use up those scraps. Planting potatoes in bags is great for small spaces and makes life easier as well. You cants make the bags out of wool or cotton because these will biodegrade which is great for everything else but not in the garden.

I havent written a pattern yet since I only just came up with the idea but I invite you to join me on this journey.

Basicly its a GIANT tuque that you can line with landscaping fabric if you wish before starting to fill it with soil and your future potatoes. I promise to post pictures as I go for this piece of functional garden art.

No comments:

Post a Comment